Monday, May 10, 2010

Losing Steam, and Fast

Uh-oh. I've reached the 2 workout per week zone. That's not entirely true, but I only attempted jogging TWICE last week. I did, however, add weight training back into the routine AND did a 10.5 mile walk/hike between Ballard and Magnolia on Saturday (that took me up a cliff at Discovery Park). My calves are still a little tender from that one, though I made it through the entire hike rather remarkably.

I purchased some size 12 jeans at American Eagle Outfitters on Friday, and am waiting for them to be shipped (I had to have them shipped due to my short stature.) This makes these jeans the smallest size I've purchased as an adult. My weight is still hovering above the 160 mark, but I stand at over 100 pounds lost, and have decreased from a plus sized 24-26 to a misses 12. This still puts me at about a 14-16 when it comes to modern fashion sizing, but still, it's a pretty far leap.

I was just reading the latest Marie Claire magazine about a woman who did a relay with her husband across New Zealand (heck if I can actually find the web version). She started at a size 12 and ended up a size 4 - and I don't want to say that my hope in fitness is a smaller size, but there's a novelty in it considering I've been large my whole life.

I have yet to go to a Team in Training practice - and it's becoming something that I avoid because I keep avoiding it. I'm worried about overtraining, and wonder if crazy athletics is what I want to go towards.

One thing's for sure, though. Hiking up that cliff at Disco Park was one of the most fun things I've done in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment