Monday, November 29, 2010

Changes in Plans

Wow - long time no post! I've been in New York since last Wednesday, when my husband and I were called out here due to his grandfather's health being rather precarious at the time. This meant that I had to cancel birthday plans as well as my plans to run the Seattle 1/2 Marathon, which was to also be my birthday celebration.

Luckily, fitness wise, my 1/2 marathon dreams are still in the running - I am scheduled to run the Las Vegas Rock 'n' Roll Marathon next weekend.

Of course, as I usually do the week of my birthday, I am coming down with a head cold, and am laying low, being whiney, and craving a burrito (where's a good burrito near Scarsdale?!)

I was ab it ambitious when I logged onto Blogger today - so I think that's it for the update. I guess a bit of recap - I've been able to do up to 9 mi (including yesterday) so I think I'm in good shape for the 1/2. I'm still debating on following through with the Bikilas, but I've come this far, so why not?

OK, more rest awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment