Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rest Week Continues...

I went for a short, fast run yesterday and found that my performance was greatly diminished from previous weeks, with more exertion giving less reward. This indicates to me that I may be risking over-training, especially considering I ran two races at full force a week apart from each other. Luckily, I love walking, and I plan to get some low-impact walking done in place of running for the next week.

Did I mention that the race on Sunday was brutal? It was. Very, very worth it, however.

Another interesting note about the past two weeks is that I seem to have lost a size. I haven't lost enough weight, in my opinion, to lose an entire size in a month, but sure enough, yesterday I tried on a size 10 petite at Banana Republic and they fit - a little snug, but they fit. I also invested in my first pair of Spanx. With more than 100 lbs lost, I've been left with some lose skin, and I'm anti-cosmetic surgery (well, I'm anti-elective surgery, to be clear.) Spanx seem to be the safest, cheapest way to lift the derriere and tone the thighs, so here's hoping they work as well as I hear they do!

I just checked my weight on my Weight Watchers Scale which also tallies my body fat% - I've found that I've lost about 1.5% body fat in the past month, which means that, to the best of my knowledge, I've actually managed to lose body fat when I've lost pounds this past month. I'm also beginning to believe that strenuous exercise turns my body into a calorie burning furnace. Not only am I more hungry the day or two after a race, I seem to be able to eat more than my alotted calories and still lose weight. It's pretty remarkable.

Anecdotal, obviously.

Anyhow - I look to resuming running sometime early next week. But for now, I rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment