Friday, April 9, 2010

Lazy Friday Before the Race

Tomorrow I am planning to get up early (for a Saturday) and do the Rock Riot Run 5K to benefit the Eastside Domestic Violence Program. It was an inexpensive 5K, and a way to keep me motivated on this journey, so I'm rather looking forward to it. My biggest concern is if the weather will hold out. The weather in Seattle the past couple days has been completely schizophrenic. Sunny skies one minute, hail and clouds the next. I can only hope I'll be properly prepared for my 3.1 miles.

In other news, I'm excited to write that I have officially put my name in the lottery to do the Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon in San Francisco this October. A friend of mine, Emily, recently completed the Lavaman triathlon and signed up for the lottery for the 1/2 marathon. Given she's been my workout buddy for 5 years (mostly in spirit due to her living in the Bay area), I felt like I absolutely had to join her. I'm very excited, and hope I get in. I hear there's a fireman that hands you your Tiffany finishers necklace!

Weight Watchers (the system I've used to get in shape the past two years) is holding their Walk-it Challenge the next two months. Their challenge is to walk a 5K by June 6. I will be running a 5K this weekend, and will be training for the LIVESTRONG Challenge later in June. There's a drawing for those of us who go to meetings to attend meetings during this time, and enter to win a trip to one of the prime walking cities in the US. I'm crossing my fingers on that one.

Sorry that it's more of a personal post today - I hadn't planned on anything, so you get things off the top of my head as filler! Enjoy! Wish me speed on my 5K tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment