Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Week 2 of Training

I decided, after a week of trying to train on my own that I needed an actual training program. Luckily, my Nike + SportBand links up to the Nike+ site, which includes a community as well as a Coach program, with choices ranging from just starting out to marathon. I chose the 5K training, and coincidentally, should get me prepped in time for the LIVESTRONG Challenge in June. I'm still coming to grips with the idea that by late may, I will be expected to run SEVEN miles in one day. It will be interesting to look back on this, if I actually can do the 5K in 30 minutes or less, and say "yes, this training worked."

I am still on the hunt for a women's running social group. I meant to dive into one of the running stores around Green Lake on Sunday to see, but was so exhausted after my 5 mile jog that I just went straight home.

As far as the fund raising goes, on Monday morning I was treated to another carrot to raise money for LIVESTRONG - every $250 I raise, I'm entered to win one of ten tickets to see U2 at Safeco Field the night of the run. I know I'll get to my $250, but man - even if I don't love U2 the way I used to, it sure would be nice to get free tickets to see the spectacle!

Today is my 3 mile run day. Wish me speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment