Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rest Day Healing and Charity Binders

I nearly missed my scheduled acupuncture appointment all together today, but I'm glad I didn't. My body is slowly starting to feel better after the punishing doubling of my training over the past couple weeks. The training exhausted me, and I'm convinced threw my hormones out of whack. Slow and steady! Embrace it!

On my way out of my appointment I passed Westlake Center where the usual charity binder guys were trying to get my attention. Usually I tell them kindly that I'm not interested, other times, I let them know that I'm unemployed and volunteer my time at a local non-profit, but today I shouted "I have $3200 to raise for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!"

He stood bugeyed and then responded, "How are you going to do that?"

"I don't know, I was thinking of grabbing s binder and doing what you do."

He said, "It works."

I don't know about it working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment